As a semi-automatic laboratory table-top unit, the Drum Lab is perfectly suited for powder dosing in galenics and the production of small batches. With its drum filler, the Drum Lab doses small quantities of powder with high precision into primary packaging containers such as capsules, vials, cartridges, syringes or blisters. The automatic transport of the removable pucks, the automatic dosing process and an integrated checkweighing system ensure reproducible results that meet all requirements of pharmaceutical development.
- Automatic dosing system with drum filler for micro-dosing of powder starting from 0.5 mg
- Automatic product transport with flexible puck system for capsules or customized primary packaging containers
- Automatic checkweighing via integrated load cell with record of weighing results (21 CFR part11)
- Single/multiple dosing possible
- 10" touch panel
- Integrated control cabinet
- Dosing range:starting from 0.5 mg
- Size (L x W x H):approx. 800 x 840 x 675 mm
- Output: up to 400 parts/h (depending on product and puck change time)
- Single Blisters
Various dosing methods allows the dosing of minimal quantities of powder. Depending on the individual powder properties different filling methods such as membrane filling, tamping pin, dosator or drum filling are applicable.
Various systems for capsule filling allow the dosing of powders, pellets, tablets, micro-tablets, powder blends, active ingredients or liquids. It is even possible to dose capsules into capsules.
Some dry powder inhalers include a powder reservoir for a pre-defined number of dosages. Generally, the defined quantity of active ingredients is filled using an auger filler, but it can also be filled in the lab by means of roller dosing.
The powder filling module can be equipped with a drum filler or with a membrane filler. The drum filler produces partially filled cavities whereas membrane filler is filling the blister cavity to 100%.