The tamping pin TT is used in the lab during the course of pharmaceutical development or to design dosing formats in production. Even minimum powder quantities (approx. 500 mg or more) are sufficient for testing. With the tamping pin, the fill quantity is dosed using a metering disk. The fill volume depends on the hole and on the height of the disk.
- Fast determination of product attributes
- Precise design of format parts
- Binding definition of processes and their parameters
- Cost effective production of sample caps
- Reproducible, comparable trials
- Can be retooled for tamping pins or dosing roller
- Dosing volume: 50 - 1,385 mm³*
- Dosing range: 25 - 690 mg
- Particle size: 60 - 150 µm
- Remaining quantity: approx. 0 ml
- Output: approx. 5 dosages/min.**
* At a reference density of the powder of 0.5 mg per mm³
** Depending on product and operator
- Stainless steel vials
- Separate containers
Various dosing methods allows the dosing of minimal quantities of powder. Depending on the individual powder properties different filling methods such as membrane filling, tamping pin, dosator or drum filling are applicable.
Various systems for capsule filling allow the dosing of powders, pellets, tablets, mini tablets, powder blends, active ingredients or liquids. It is even possible to dose capsules into capsules.