Semi-automatic assembly of medical and pharmaceutical devices
The Assembly Lab system was developed for the laboratory and approval phase of medical and pharmaceutical devices. It is designed for initial small series batches for market entry. Separate workpiece carriers allow for simple format changeovers. Optional extensions such as visual controls or labeling are possible. The platform can also be configured for other products.
- Different devices can be assembled on the same platform
- Factory priming functionality can be implemented
- Force-path monitoring for process-critical assembly steps
- Empirical determination of process data to optimize acceleration values and joining speeds
- Visualization of relevant process and measurement data on 17.3˝ Touch HMI with all the functionality of a production machine
- Validatable and 21 CFR Part 11 compliant
- Output: up to 3 parts/min (single lane version)
- Integrated control cabinet
- CE/UL versions
- Safety devices
- Patch injectors
Components are automatically removed using vacuum, grippers or tongs and accurately transferred to the Assembly Lab transport. This can be performed in a linear or swivel movement. To increase the output, these systems can be set up at multiple locations to enable loading and unloading tasks at the same time.
An automated, reproducible production process with servo-based product transport simplifies the manual product loading and removal process and the targeted approach of each individual processing step.
Joining and final assembly
Joining technology is one of the basic processes for completing assembly groups. Highly precise processes and gentle handling are perquisites to ensuring that components are reliably joined. Inspection and measuring systems guarantee the highest possible quality, even at high speeds.
The final inspection of assembly products is essential for product safety and functional capability. When administering active ingredients, precise portioning of the medication and the reliable operation of the device is crucial. Force, path and torque of the test can be pre-defined. Data is visualized via HMI.
Flexible final assembly of auto-injectors
Ypsomed has developed an auto-injector product family for a wide range of applications. The Harro Höfliger Assembly Lab machine provides a flexible final assembly of the YpsoMate® auto-injectors.